Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Just had to say...

Can you see that little timeline at the top of the page there? Yep, that's it, the one that says "2 years waiting for our child to come home." This day, two years ago, we submitted paperwork to AWAA to adopt a child from Rwanda. We were so excited! I was in full paper chase mode, ordering documents, making really good friends with a notary, filling out form after form, and dreaming of a little boy or girl (I always thought boy) standing there with his too big sweater hanging half off his shoulder, a little dried snot on his cheek. I know, crazy, but I get these vivid visual images :) I would gather him in my arms and he would look at me, a little frightened, and say "mama."
Fast forward two years. I sit here waiting for some word from our agency that our file is still safely secured at what is now called the NCC in Rwanda, waiting to be matched with a child. But just yesterday, a sweet, godly couple in our "group" of waiting families received the news we have feared now for months. They were not being allowed to wait any longer. Time was up, their file was closed. You should read her blog post, its amazing, how a woman who has just experience the adoption equivalent of a miscarriage, for a baby she carried in her heart for 28 months, could be so strong, with such a firm faith in her God.
I pray that if our time comes to receive such news, that I will be as strong in faith and trust that His will is the ultimate in fulfillment. In the meantime we wait. Please pray with us, pray for the children in need of families and the many of us who want nothing more than to be those families.

No comments:

Post a Comment