Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Through the eyes of a child

I know I haven't posted anything in a while. There had been good news every few days there for awhile in December and January, but February has been very quiet, too quiet. We had heard a rumor a while back that thinks should be speeding up considerably, but no news is not the easiest thing to bare. No news is not good news, it's just no news.

I wanted to share something very special though. My 6 1/2 yr old daughter Gracie wrote a school assignment for a "personal narrative" a true story about a life experience. Gracie's was titled "We're Adopting":

"My family is adopting. One day in the afternoon momy said we were adopting. Momy what does adopting mean? I asked. Adopting means there is a child that doant have a home so we make them part of our family. said momy. Four weeks later a lady and her hasbend came to our house. They talked to momy and dady for along time. After a long time they came to me and Isaac and asked us if we wanted a boy or a girl. Isaac said he wanted a boy. I said I didn't care. They stayed until I thout thayd never leav. And they gave us lots of paper work about adoption. Now I can't amagin what will haen neksed!"

(spelling intentionally left "as is")
I can't wait to see what will happen next either baby girl!

1 comment: