Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

10 years

Tomorrow, my wonderful husband and I will celebrate our 10 yr wedding anniversary. This year will be much different than last year. One year ago, on July 28, 2010, we spent the day at Staples, making 4 complete copies of dossier for Rwanda, not realizing at the start that it would be an all afternoon job! We got take-out from our favorite sushi place for dinner and then I ran to fed-ex to send all that precious paper work on it's way across the world!

Ten years ago on July 28, 2001, it rained on our wedding day. Actually flooding the parking lot of the hotel! But it was one of the best days of my life by far :)

Seven years ago on July 28, 2004, we had a brand new baby at home and my mom came to sit with her for a couple of hours so we could go out to dinner and then to Lowes. I'll never forget the feeling when I realized I had waited too long to get back for her feeding and heard a baby cry in the store! (you mom's know what I mean!)

This year we will celebrate 10 years with dinner at PF Changs, which I have heard great things about, but have never been too (got a coupon from Groupon!)Then we will return to an EMPTY house! My mom has Gracie for the week and Isaac is going to his first sleep-over at a friend's house. We may very well be making a midnight run to Jeffersontown to pick him up :)

We will also celebrate the fact that we received news yesterday that the Ministry has been looking at our file!!! They just contacted us with a couple of clarification questions, but the fact that our social worker in Rwanda has had her hands on our file and read it is wonderful news!! We are praying that the next step, our approval, will come soon, and shortly thereafter, the referral of our precious kiddo!

Thank you Lord for 10 wonderful years with the man of my dreams. For blessing our family and proving for us day by day.

2 comments:

  1. Ya ya ya !! And July 28 eleven years go my daughter was born and a year ago we were mailing our dossier. ,! So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo exciting about your dossier:) And 'happy anniversary'! Have a wonderful evening. Childless?!? Seriously? Let me know what that's like...;)

    ReplyDelete