Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Monday, September 20, 2010

Encouragement

I hope I'm not over stepping my bounds by posting this, it's not really my news to share, but I wanted to relay it in hopes that it brings the same encouragement to another family it just brought to me.

I just read on the yahoo group our agency has set up for Rwanda families that movement is happening! We have seen the evidence of this over the last couple of weeks as numbers have been assigned to families up to 70 something I believe. With an estimated 150 or more dossiers in Rwanda, we know ours is to be longer in coming, though we don't have any idea how long.

According the group posting, a special room has been set up just for the reviewing of dossiers, and they are in fact being reviewed. This is awesome news! The idea was also stated that we could see some approvals soon, perhaps even by the end of the month! COULD is the opporative word, but wouldn't that be great!!

Please be in special prayer for another family in our program. They have been waiting for over a year now. Their DTR date is almost exactly a year to the day ahead of ours. Please pray that we are not also still waiting a year from now, but that God will hasten the work of the wonderful people of the Ministry and that we will soon have Levi (or Samara Hope) in our arms!

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." Samuel 1:27

3 comments:

  1. Oooooo...names are coming out now Sarah!! I knew a woman named Samara and she was the most beautiful woman from Morocco. Good choice:)

    This is encouraging. We still haven't heard anything from our lawyer, I wish we would hear something. Any little light at the end of the tunnel would be good. Maybe we can all piece together a picture of what is going on!

    I can't wait to see some approvals and referrals. I can't believe how long some families have been waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the update. I am hopeful about the adoptions in Rwanda. I feel like the next few weeks will be very telling for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to read this! Thanks for posting it.

    Wouldn't it be nice to be assigned a number?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete