Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Friday, October 8, 2010

I love him.

Have I told my husband lately that I love him? I need to call him tonight to tell him. You see, he's working AGAIN this weekend. This has been a blessing for us. We had prayed that the Lord would provide for us financially as we wait for our child from Rwanda. To be honest, the Lord had already blessed us. We are both very frugal, not the type to need designer clothes or the latest digital gadget. My kids love to go to consignment shops and get hand-me downs. I love a good clearance sale!

I work full time as a teacher. I love my job, and both my kids go to school, so what would I do at home all day anyway (stay at home mom's are supposed to laugh hysterically here, I know you do SSSSOOOO much!)

My husband Matt is an entomologist. He's "the bug boy" if you've ever sent us an email. He works full time for the Louisville Metro Health Dept. and really likes his job, though lots of people tell him he should be doing something "bigger" with his gift of teaching and love of research. He is where God would have him be right now.
To add to our income and fund our upcoming travel expenses, he has taken a 2nd job, part time, with an engineering group out of Indiana. This has occupied his weekends for the last couple of months. We miss him. He's such a great dad. He will be a great dad to Samuel Levi or Samara Hope. My kids are so lucky to have a daddy who works so hard for them. all three of them.

1 comment:

  1. Awww..sweet!! My husband is out delivering pizzas tonight too as a second job to bring in money for the adoption. I am very blessed to have him, as are the kids.

    ReplyDelete