Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Movement

Well, there was more movement today. I guess you can compare this to feeling the baby kick :) We received news of some approvals sent out today! That's especially awesome as these are the first approvals since January. The way it works or has in the past, is that once the Ministry completes its review of the dossier and sends you an approval, then they send the dossier to the orphanage. It is run by Catholic nuns who we have heard do an amazing job with what little they have, taking care of so many little ones. They genuinely love and care about these child and want to see them in forever homes.

They match a child with the dossier they receive from the Ministry, and then send the dossier back with information on the child. The Ministry then sends it to the waiting family. SO, even after approval, there is a couple months wait for a referral. The families who got approval today will hopefully get referrals in the next couple of months, Lord willing.

The rest of us are waiting in line for a number. That is the rumor mill I am circulating in now, what number we are. I have heard families who are number 136 and 137 in line, and I know we were DTR about the same time as them, if not a bit earlier. So I would speculate that we will be somewhere between 120-135. We shall see. In the meantime, it's awesome to feel this baby kick as we watch movement take place on the other side of the world. Every bit of movement takes us one tiny step closer to our little one! Keep praying, the Lord is working in His perfect time!

2 comments:

  1. Your optimism and faith is an encouragement to me! I've really been struggling over the last few days with this over-whelming wait in front of us. Instead of trusting in God's timing, I've let anxiety take over. Thanks for sharing and staying positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Thanks for introducing yourself! Can't wait to follow on your journey! My email is on my blog- if there is ever anything I can do to help you on this crazy ride- please let me know!

    ReplyDelete