Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Due Date

I usually don't look at the ticker on my blog when I open the page. I know I haven't added anything new lately, but that is only because there has been nothing new to add. At least in regards to our adoption. I usually just log on and scroll down quickly to see if there are any updates from families who's blogs I follow and then click there. Today, I have a little extra time, so I decide to let the page load completely and look at the little ticker. 8 months, 4 weeks, 1 day. In other words, had we been awaiting a birth, I would more than likely be in the hospital today. However, we remain in line, enduring the wait before us.

No, we have no idea how long this wait will be. I have been mentally preparing myself for the idea this could take years. As I have mentioned before, we have a sweet family in our church who just returned from China last month with the baby girl they waited 5 years for. It can be done, it has been done, it will be done again. GOD is in control. HE is Sovereign. HE knows the day and HE know my child and it will happen in HIS timing.

Right now I am focusing on the two precious gifts I have already been given. They are growing up before my eyes and I want to slow down and take it all in. Maybe we will wait 5 years. If that is HIS will, then HE will give me the endurance. His plan is perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog though other blogs -lol! I'm sure your familiar with that. I'm adopting from Rwanda too. We are one of the last of the bunch that made the deadline. Nice to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just made it too- by hours! We are after you... 143!

    ReplyDelete