Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Friday, June 25, 2010

Praise the Lord!

Well, I heard a statistic the other day, that 23% of Southern Baptist Baptisms are a direct result of Vacation Bible Schools. We are now a statistic! Gracie asked Jesus into her heart yesterday after talking to a sweet woman from our church who helps lead our VBS. She has been asking questions and showing interest for some time now, and I had prayed that the Lord would speak to her this week. She was so excited to tell people. She went around yesterday evening telling anyone who would listen! Now she says she wants to be a missionary when she grows up (it was a vet).

I am so thankful for her sweet spirit and open heart. We have been blessed with a precious daughter who loves the Lord and wants to serve Him! Not to mention she is extremely bright and precocious :) Please keep her in your prayers as she learns and grows in her faith and pray for Matt and I as we teach and lead her on that path. Yay God!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vanderpools!!

    I have enjoyed "getting to know you" through your blog and am excited that we are in about the same spot in our adoptions from Rwanda! We are waiting USCIS approval (just sent it in yesterday, actually) and are going on vacation this week just like you did...hoping that distracts me from the wait and I am surprised to find my fingerprint appointment when we return!! :)

    Looking forward to waiting alongside you guys, and welcoming our little ones home someday next year. Praying for y'all!

    Chelsea Jacobs
    (Mark, Chelsea, Kendyll (8), Carlie (5), and Abby Kate (3))
    http://mcjacobsjournal.blogspot.com
    http://enlargingourlove.blogspot.com (adoption blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for saying hi! Good luck getting through all the paperwork! It will be worth it! Not that waiting is as easy as I was hoping :) I have family in Kentucky, Paducah, and Louisville so cover a few cities. Would you mind if I put your blog on my blogroll? That's how I keep up with other families adopting? Good luck and thanks for introducing yourself!

    ReplyDelete