Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Thursday, July 8, 2010

One More Thing Done!

Well, today we had our finger print appointments. Matt's was at 12 and mine at 1pm, but we both showed up at 12 and they took us right after the other. We took the kids with us and they were very well behaved.
The whole thing was quick and easy and the guy was very nice and asked about our adoption. I have to say that I have dealt with some very nice people through all this so far. Not everyone working for government agencies is rude and obnoxious. My husband being one!
SO now we wait for our approval letter. I700 something or other, I'm bad with the numbers on the forms. This will allow our child to become a US citizen as soon as they land at the airport and we won 't have to re-adopt. I just watched another family's "gotta" video, getting their baby girl. I can't for that to be me!

1 comment:

  1. We're adopting from Rwanda too... our fingerprint appointments are this Thursday! I'm told CIS has a new, faster way of approving families. Looks like we are right behind you in the process- so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete