Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dossier to FedEx!

It has been a LONG day. We got up this morning, on our 9th wedding anniversary by the way! and drove to Staples to make copies. I hogged a copy machine for 3 hours, not exaggerating!! to make 4 complete copies of our dossier. Then I double checked them to be sure each was complete.

We went home for a bite to eat and Matt took the package to FedEx. Turns out FedEx does not like to sell insurance on papers. Matt brought it home when he found out he couldn't insure it for more than $100. He also brought home sushi from our favorite joint for our anniversary dinner. The kids ate pizza :)

After a long phone call to 1800FEDEX, I talked to a guy that said we could buy the insurance if we could prove the value of the paper work. I have receipts!! So Isaac and I went back to FedEx to send it out. By this time we had missed the last pick up of the day, but the box, you read right, no envelope, it took a box to hold the entire stack of dossier documents and 2 copies our agency needed got insured and the appropriate labels attached and is currently sitting on a shelf at FedEx.

It's completely in God's hands now. Lord, protect our precious papers. Get them safely to AWAA and then to Rwanda. Let the right people do the right things with them to bring our truly precious package home.

2 comments:

  1. yay! congrats to you guys! we just sent our's off to wash dc. hopefully have it back in a couple of weeks to send to rwanda! maybe we'll be there at the same time : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I saw you joined my business blog and I forgot that I took the link off of our adoption blog (I found there were a lot of personal questions about the adoption from customers, which I felt a bit uncomfortable about-they were not all positive unfortunately!!) so our adoption blog is www.littleferrallfromrwanda.blogspot.com We are at the same point as you, so it will be exciting to see all our referrals come in, hopefully sooner rather than later:)

    ReplyDelete