Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Monday, August 2, 2010

Dossier to AWAA!

This morning I got up and headed to the computer to check email and track the status of our dossier. The estimated delivery date had been the 3rd, so how surprised was I to see that it had been delivered at 8:43am! I quickly sent our family coordinator an email to let her know the tracking said it was there.

About 10:45 am I checked email again to find a message saying that yes, it was received, and that she had already looked over it and quote "it looks great!" This was such a relief. Not only to have it arrive safely and intact, but that, at least at a first run through, it was complete and correct! I had carried a fear that I had done some paper incorrectly or had messed it up somewhere, but the Lord's providential hand was on this labor of love. He has guided us every step so far and He will continue to lead.

All we can do now is bathe our process in prayer, as we bathe our child in prayer. It's hard to pray, Lord, please let my baby have enough to eat today. Lord, please send someone special to love on my baby for me, until I can get there to do it myself. Lord, protect my baby from harm, from fear, from hurts that I can't even think about right now. Let my baby feel your arms of love until my little one can feel my arms of love.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog tonight and was so happy. We are in Louisville and adopting from Rwanda as well!! We also both work for JCPS. Our dossier was logged in 5/2010. Email me anytime at LCDun81@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete