Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Still waiting...

As of today, I say goodbye to summer break. Tomorrow I start back to my life as a 4th grade teacher, my little boy starts preschool, and next week, my big girl starts 1st grade. I have spent the last couple of days running. Gracie to cheer camp in the morning (just for fun) she had to have an eye exam for school and they both had dentist appointments. Then today I got their immunization records and took Gracie's school records to her new school. Isaac's preschool open house is tonight.

Life stays so busy, and I pray the busy schedule will make the waiting easier. We still are not DTR, our dossier is at the Rwandan embassy in DC getting translated I guess. is that what they do there? I know it gets translated at some point, cause we paid a pretty penny for a translation fee! It should be there another week before being sent to Rwanda via FedEx, then we'll get an email saying we are DTR- Dossier to Rwanda. Then the REAL waiting begins.

I continue to pray for my miracle. a sudden rush of approvals and referrals, moving the long line quickly ahead. I spoke to a friend last week who waited over 2 years for her daughter from China, and a couple just joined our Sunday school class who are getting a referral this month from China, after having waited 5 YEARS!! The sweet woman said she wept when she got the news of the referral, and the Lord told her, why are you so suprised? Isn't this what you have been praying for?

HIS timing is perfect! Maybe my sweet little one has yet to be born, or even conceived. My prayer is that he (or she) is loved, is spared any suffering, and God will give us peace until we have him (or her) in our arms.

2 comments:

  1. I think that things will be picking up soon. There has been some good news coming from Rwanda recently. I hope that things will move quickly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying with you and following behind you. I am so glad that you came across me as you have been a great comfort and a warm spot during our adoption journey so far. Hopefully some day we can get our little ones together since they will probably soon be crib mates in the baby room. Praying the HIS timing is sooner than later:)

    ReplyDelete