Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

lost check

Just real quick, I have to get Gracie to soccer practice. We are still not DTR. Our dossier is stamped, sealed, certified, and ready to go...and still at the embassy in DC. They lost our check and won't release the paperwork to our agency for shipping to Rwanda until they get another one. I love N at AWAA, she has spent so much time over there being our voice and our hands and feet as she works to get our dossier out of the USA and in it's way! Tomorrow, again, we hope to get our fed ex tracking number. God is Great, He is doing something here, and we might never know this side of Heaven what that is, but I have faith and a suprising level of peace. Please keep the prayers coming! I feel them :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I am sure we are having the same experience!!! We are all stamped and lettered but still at the embassy. I had to FedEx a Money order to the Embassy too today before they would release the dossier- I got an email this afternoon from them, so it was a race to get that sent. We are hoping to get an email with a FedEx tracking number tomorrow. I am sure He is just making sure to get us all DTR in the right order for the right children!
    By the way, our lawyer reiterated in an email today that dossiers are going to turn around pretty quickly in Kigali now, and not to be discouraged if it seems everyone else is DTR before us. He thinks it will only make a small difference to waiting times. Chin up:)
    I am convinced I had a little message today. I was at the lake with the kids and reading my book. In it, one of the characters says 'Hakuna Matata' which is Swahili for 'No Worries'. Swahili is commonly spoken in Rwanda too. So anyways, I was chuckling to myself, thinking of that Disney song-from the Lion King I think. At that exact moment, the guy sitting in front of me stood up to go, turned around and put his shirt on-which said 'Hakuna Matata' on the front. Coincidence or a message to tell me not to worry! Ha ha- I like to think the later.

    ReplyDelete