Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Vanderpool Days

Our Family's Daily Journey from Kentucky to Rwanda

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Field Trip!!

We are officially certified, verified, and authenticated!! I have had a very busy day. Thinking that the certification process might take awhile, I took the kids to my friend Jena's house and then went downtown. Thanks to a phone call and some FB messages last night I knew right where to go!

There was no line, I went right up to a very nice lady who looked up my notaries in a HUGE book (can we say dark ages) and then stamped some pgs with seals and stapled them to my precious papers! This took about 30 minutes, because, unlike a lot of programs, Rwanda program requires EVERY dossier pg to be notarized and authenticated. $90 to Jeff Co Clerk!

As I drove to get the kids I began to get brave...I could drive to Frankfort today too, it's only an hour...right?

So I picked up the kiddos an stopped and Mc-y-D's and off to Frankfort we went! I really loved Frankfort, beautiful little town. Good old google got me right to the Franklin Co clerk's office, where I had to have our police reports county certified. Then the sweet girl behind the counter gave me excellent directions to the capital building. $10 to Franklin Co Clerk!

These people must get a lot of kids! Each desk at the capital building had a sweet lady behind it, a canister of dumdums on it, and crayons and coloring pgs in the corner. While one lady staples more gold sealed papers to my precious documents, another showed my kids around. We took a quick tour and said high to the statues and gazed up at the dome. They even kept a scrap book full of photos of kids who have been adopted in Ky. I told them we'd send them a new picture soon! $110 to Secretary of State!

The kids had fun jumping down all the steps on our way out and we had an uneventful drive home. Not bad for a day's work. Thank you Lord for providing the time and money to get it done, for keeping us safe on the drive, and for my well behaved kiddos! Isn't God Great?!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so satisfying seeing all those official seals and stamps on that heap of paperwork? You sound like me- I would have driven the hour too:)

    ReplyDelete